One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Goody Good Stuff Gummy Candy

Goody Good Stuff Sour Fruit Salad, 3.53-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)Last month one of my classmates turned to me in the middle of a discussion about food taboo's and, with sorrow in her eyes, said "wait a second, I just realized you can't eat gummy bears because of the gelatin." To be honest I'd never really given eating gummy bears or any other type of gummy candy a second thought. I was never really a candy person so the fact that I couldn't eat gummy candy anymore didn't bother me at all.

Right before Halloween I was contacted by the folks at Goody Good Stuff who have a line of gummy candies that are 100% vegan, gluten free, nut free, soy free, use no artifical colors (that means no red dye made out of bug juice), and all natural flavors. Thinking back to the conversation I had with my classmate over a month ago I just had to try these new gummy's. Once they arrived in the mail I realized that since I'm not a candy person the best person to tell me if these gummy's were a hit or not was kids. I teach cooking classes at an afterschool program and for dessert everyone got a few little Sour Fruit Salad candies. All the kids loved them, in fact they loved them so much a there was a bit of a revolt when I ran out. One kid said that they had a bit of an aftertaste but, after trying one myself, I think that was more from the sour flavoring on the candy. 

Goody Good Stuff Cola Breeze, 3.53-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)Goody Good Stuff candies and gummy's are a fun and tasty treat to have around and, for once, the ingredient list on a bag of candy doesn't have "#" signs, hyphenated words and words no child could ever pronounce. One word of caution, not all the Goody Good Stuff line of candy and gummy's are vegan the Cola Breeze, Sour Fruit Salad, Sour Mix and Match, and Summer Peaches are currently there only vegan products, the remaining 4 flavors are vegetarian. The line is new to the U.S. (but available widely throughout the UK), it is currently available at Stop and Shops, Giant Grocery Stores and Amazon.com but they will no doubt be in stores all around the country very soon.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...