One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Vegan Mock Crab Cakes

Vegan Mock Crab Cakes
Makes 9-10 Cakes

4 Boca Chik’n Patties, warmed in the microwave
¼ cup vegannaise
1 teaspoon vegan worchestershire sauce
½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
1/3 cup diced bell pepper of any color
2 tablespoons canola oil


Add cooked chik’n patties, veganaise, worchestershire and old day seasoning to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are incorporated.


Empty contents into a large bowl. Add bell pepper and stir to combine. 2 tablespoons at a time form into little balls then flatten into cakes.


Warm canola oil on a griddle or large sauce pan. Add cakes and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes each side. Top with Remoulade and serve.

Remoulade Sauce:
¼ cup veganaise
¾ teaspoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon ketchup
½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon vegan worchestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon hot sauce

Whisk all ingredients together, cover and chill for an hour.

4 comments:

  1. *weeps vegan tears that she can't buy Boca Chik’n Patties*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the Chik'n patties. Cant wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you mean 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Anon! Thanks for catching this. I'll update the recipe right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...