One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Method's Wood for Good Bamboo Dusting Clothes (Almond Scent)

Veganism is more than just a diet it is a lifestyle, from the food you eat to the products you buy. You wouldn't want to eat a veggie burger only to find out they cooked it in beef fat right? The same principle applies with every purchase you make including home care products. You want to make sure that the products you buy are 100% cruelty free. The same "label scan" you do for food can easily be done for beauty and home care products as well. A lot of manufacturers are also adding helpful tags on their labels such as "100% vegetarian" "cruelty free" and the ever popular "not tested on animals". But remember even when something is 100% vegetarian it may still have honey in it so always give it a second glance.

Method is one of those brands that is 100% cruelty free. All their products are vegan, environmentally friendly and free from a majority of those nasty harmful chemicals that are in most home care products. I love that at any Target anywhere in the U.S. I can get Method cleaning products for a great low price. My latest obsession is Method’s Wood for Good bamboo dusting clothes. These little bamboo cloth wipes are also compostable on top of being non-toxic and animal friendly – or “panda friendly” as the package describes.

These almond scented wipes are so amazing that they set me off on a 4 room dusting spree where I dusted everything that was wood, looked like wood or wished it was wood. I just couldn’t get over the sweet smell of almond that filled every room that I dusted and the oil free shine that it left on every piece of furniture it touched. These wipes even worked well on my electronics (you don’t expect me to actually try to find a separate cleaner for my electronics now do you?). As an added bonus my hands now smell like almond as well so I as I type this I’m constantly smelling them. They were a little under $4 and well worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...