One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vegan White Chocolate Chips By Oppenheimer

Oh how I love love love white chocolate! However, for the last 3 years I have been without this luscious treat. White chocolate is just one of those treats that I had to part with forever when going vegan, I accepted it and moved on. But it looks like I moved on too soon and thanks to Oppenheimer white chocolate has come back into my life.

The taste, the texture, the sweetness, the creaminess it is all there. Oppenheimer’s vegan white chocolate chips taste even better than I remember white chocolate to be. At first I was afraid to try the chips alone so I whipped up some white chocolate macadamia nuts cookies (pictured below). Heaven! Pure bliss! I was on cloud nine. I decided to try a couple chips alone and well, by now you can guess my reaction. This is the best $3.99 I have spent this month thus far. I’m not a huge sweets person but I will be keeping a bag of these delicious vegan treats on hand as a permanent part of my vegan pantry.

To get your own bag head over to Cosmo’s Vegan Shoppe




5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you reviewed these! I bought a couple bags a while back but read on the ppk that vegan white chocolate wasn't that great so I was scared to use it. Now I'm glad I bought them. Your cookies look amazing too!!! Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hunch you were an RD - or should be! What kind of work do you want to do as a nutrition anthropologist? How interesting! Be in touch and keep up the great work!
    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look damn good.
    -bonbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across this blog and love the idea of it. Now I'm dying to try those white chocolate chips - any chance you'd be willing to share the cookie recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ran into vegan white chocolate the other day, it was crazy. I got a free Luna Bar and it was white chocolate macadamia nut. Usually Luna is vegan so I was a little annoyed that I got what I thought was the only omni bar until I read the ingredients and found that it really was vegan!! And it was so tasty!! It reminded me how much I love macadamia/white chocolate cookies but I thought I'd be stuck buying the bars -- glad to hear I can make them on my own!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...