One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Vegan Mofo: Chik'n Parmesan aka The Best Meal I've Ever Made


I apologize ahead of time for there being no recipe to go along with this photo but this one must be kept tightly under wraps...for now. I think as an omnivore I had chicken Parmesan once, maybe twice. Somehow as a vegan I perfected the recipe and it's one of the most sought after and asked about dishes that I have ever made. My omnivore friends even preferred this over the "traditional" version of the recipe. Although I can't divulge the entire recipe just yet I can tell you that the secret is in the homemade marinara sauce and of course the addition of Cheezly to the top of the chik'n.

5 comments:

  1. And from the perspective of someone who once loved Chicken Parmesean so much he ordered it everytime he saw it... This is better than most, if not all meat versions I have ever had! For Real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like such a nice person. Do you have to torture us and make us wait long for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever had non-vegan chicken parmesan. We tried a vegan version once, but I didn't like how the sauce made the breading soggy... and the boy claims that's how it always is.

    That looks delicious, though. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...